The Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta cranks out another 35 horsepower over a stock Ferrari 458. But there is more to gain from the performance edition 458. Improving horsepower, throttle response, and overall drivability is what an ECU flash can do for your Ferrari. The VR Tuned ECU Flash is done to safely tweak your cars performance. This was a very noticeable difference in the daily drivability and top end RPM pull. The ECU flash made the car much more responsive throughout the entire RPM band.
Crank Horsepower Ratings:
- Stock Power: 605HP | 398FT/LBs
- Tuned Power: 630HP | 420FT/LBs
What are the benefits of VR Tuned?
- #1 priority is our customer service to you!
- Our tuning is used worldwide. We have powered vehicles of all types.
- All ECU tunes can be reverted back to stock if necessary.
- With the VR Tuned ECU Flash, basic bolt-on performance parts will not require a retune of your ECU.
- Adding parts such as an exhaust, intake, headers, will all adjust with the tune.
- If you add higher octane fuel, the ECU will adjust accordingly.
- We can tune cars worldwide including JDM, EU, Australian, and USA cars for different types of octane or environments.
- Other custom enhancements are available if requested and applicable.
- We test and dyno tune on our own cars to make sure what you get is safe, reliable, and gives you the results you want!
How to Flash Your ECU?
- Bring your vehicle to our facility where we can use our Master Tool to flash your vehicle via the OBDII port.
- We can bench flash the ECU. To bench flash the ECU, you must remove it from your vehicle and send it to us. Once we receive the ECU, we will prepare the tune file and then ship it back to you for reinstallation. We do not solder or modify the ECU board at all. All ECU tuning is done via bungy probes that have a needle tip to provide an electrical connection.
For reference, this ECU is a BOSCH MED9.6.1.